Message from the Principal
At Joondalup Education Support Centre, we support you and your decision regarding schooling during this challenging time. The message that I would like to send to families is that education remains open. In time, education may look different. We are moving to an alternative and flexible model of schooling for our community.
Understandably, learning from home will be difficult for some students as they require a significant level of support to access and engage with the curriculum.
For this reason, the staff have created, collected and complied a range of resources which can be utilised for our students, and accessible at home.
Use the drop down menu above to access these resources. Families will have information about;
- How to adapt the curriculum and the teaching strategies we use
- Information about how we implement programs at school and the “why” behind what we do
- Specific content in each learning area
- Activities for each learning area
- Links to numerous online resources
- Examples of timetables you may like to use
- Aided language stimulation resources
- A link to our JoonTube page – which has numerous videos from our staff reading books, sharing expertise, and modelling activities.
We will continue to update our website with new resources as we create them. Also make sure you check out our JoonTube page.
The teaching and learning that occurs in school is often built on very specific, purchased programs that cater for individualised learning. The Individual Education Plans (IEPs) that teachers have constructed and you have approved, will need to be suspended as the programs we use to meet student outcomes are simply not able to be taught at home. Some examples of this include Zones of Regulation, Aussie Optimism and Rock and Water. We thank you for your understanding.
For any questions or concerns please contact your classroom teacher via the Seesaw App.
Please read the Learning from Home Information in the link provided below.